Nicholas A. Pennipede Memorial Scholarship
For over 25 years, Eye Associates has had the privilege of providing eye care to thousands of patients and families across the Kansas City metro area. Our success wouldn’t be possible without the resources and help of the communities, families and cities where we do business.
We also value hard work and commitment. Our founder, Vincent Pennipede, knewÂ the meaning of hard work. By his own dedication and drive, he was able to obtain a health professions scholarship from the military. Then, he went on to start up our first office in Overland Park in 1986.
Following in thatÂ spirit of giving back, we are proud to offer a high school scholarshipÂ to a studentÂ looking to achieve their college educational goals while demonstrating a commitment to helping their community. We look forward awarding the scholarship to a sincere and hardworking student who shares our values of community building and hard work.
- You have been accepted to a college and are going to be enrolled as an undergraduate freshman
- Please write a 500-800 word essay about how you have and/or plan to use your undergraduate education to serve a community.
- How will receiving this scholarship help you achieve your goals?
- Why shouldÂ Eye Associates select you for this scholarship?
- Submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited university that is listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education.
Submitting your Application
- Please email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must include:
- YourÂ full name
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- A statement of your current academic status, as well as evidence that you are currently enrolled or accepted at a college as set forth above. By applying for this scholarship, you give us express consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university.
- Your written submission as a Word or Google docs document. Essays in any other form will not be accepted.
- The winning candidate will be selected by a team of reviewers at Eye Associates, Inc and will be based on the studentâ€™s essay
- The scholarship funds can be sent via check, PayPal, or other means.
- This scholarship is for one academic school year.
(Application period ended for 2017.
- The deadline to apply for the scholarship is SeptemberÂ 15, 2017. The winner will be announced by October 15th, 2017.
By submitting an application, the applicant automatically grants Eye Associates, Inc. permission to post the applicantâ€™s name, college, photo (if submitted) and essay onÂ seetheclarity.com or in other marketing communications, even if the candidate does not win the scholarship. We are also granted permission to call and/or send you information regarding your application.
Terms and Conditions
- All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year.
- Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- All scholarships are non-renewable.
- By submitting an application for the Nicholas A. Pennipede Memorial Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is accurate and complete.
- The applicant automatically grants Eye Associates, Inc, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued byÂ Eye Associates, Inc.
- Post the applicantâ€™s name, college or university and essay on the seetheclarity.comÂ web site and other Eye Associates’ marketing platforms like Facebook, Twitter or enewsletters.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly on Eye Associates’Â social media pages.
- Students must show proof of current enrollment to an accredited US college, university or vocational/trade school within 21 calendar days by submitting either a copy of the tuition bill or a letter of proof from the school.
- In the event a winner cannot prove their enrollment to an accredited college, university or vocational/trade school, Eye Associates, Inc. will revoke the award for that individual and award it to the first runner-up.
- The winner agrees to provide high-resolution .jpeg images or high resolution scans of original prints or negatives for reproduction by Eye Associates, Inc. The images or scans must be received with a signed statement granting Eye Associates, Inc. the right to use them, according to the stipulations above, prior to the award being released.