Thank you for choosing Eye Associates!
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and AOA (American Optometric Association) have updated their procedural guidelines on the novel coronavirus as it relates to the practice of optometry. Doctors of optometry are now allowed to resume delivery of complete comprehensive eye health and vision care. We are so happy to get back to serving our patients and community. We look forward to seeing you soon and we welcome you back to Eye Associates.
For Scheduled Appointments
- We want to collect as much information prior to the scheduled exam in order to minimize the amount of time spent in close proximity to others in our office.
- Due to the nature of an eye exam, and the close working distance in which our doctors and staff associate with patients, we will do our part in both managing proper social distancing and use of personal protective equipment for our employees and doctors.
- *** We require that you wear your own cloth or disposable masks while in the office. ***
- Due to the scarcity of supplies at this time, we will not be able to offer masks to our patients.
- We are asking at this time that no one accompany you to the appointment. If this appointment is for a minor, we ask that only one adult accompany the minor and all other siblings/persons remain at home or stay in the vehicle for the safety of all our patients, doctors and staff.
Patient Information Forms
You can download our patient information forms on our patient forms page.
- If you are a new patient, we ask that you fill out your ‘New Patient Information Form’ and email back.
- If you are an existing patient, we ask that you fill out our ‘Existing Patient Information Form’ and email back.
- If you are unable to email it back please bring in the completed form with you to the office.
Please email us any new medical or vision insurance cards you have before your appointment:
Upon Arrival to the Office
- Call the office and inform staff that you have arrived for your appointment, letting us know the make, model, and color of your vehicle. We will also verify your phone number.
- A staff member will come out and collect any needed paperwork and will also take a temperature reading with a no touch, infrared thermometer.
- If your temperature is 100.0(f) or higher, we will ask to reschedule your appointment.
- If the patient is a minor we will collect temperatures from both the patient and the adult that is accompanying the minor.
- Once your examination room is ready, we will call you back by phone and have you enter the building.
- You will be immediately taken back to begin your preliminary testing. Will will offer either hand sanitizer at entry, or direct you to a hand washing station prior to beginning this testing.
For materials, we ask you do the following:
An Eye Associates’ technician will be assisting you with any contact lens and/or eyeglass purchases, and will be abiding by social distancing recommendations when possible.
- For Contacts:
- To limit your exposure to other areas and personnel in the office, we will be completing much of the process in the exam room.
- As always, we can direct ship contacts to your home. Some items may incur a shipping cost, and we will inform you in this circumstance.
- If you have a contact lens supply or contact lens trial to pick up at our office, you may do so at normal business hours. Upon arrival, simply call the office from your vehicle for further instructions on Eye Associates’ curb-side pickup.
- For Eyeglasses:
- An Eye Associates’ technician will assist you in selection of frames. We do ask, at this time, that only the technician handle the frames. Frames will be pulled from the board as directed by the patient, and will be tried on for fit and style at our dispensing tables. Which will be pulled from the board for you to try on.
- All frames handled by technicians and patients alike will be sanitized before going back onto our boards.
- Technicians will take all precautions to remain distance when possible while taking measurements and concluding the ordering process for your glasses.
- Once glasses are back in store and ready for pick-up, you will receive notification that they are in. Once you arrive at the office, call the office from your vehicle for further instructions.
Please stay safe and healthy!
Thank you again for your assistance in all these matters, and for choosing Eye Associates for all your Eye Care needs. We look forward to seeing you!
Please note that Eye Associates’ policies in relation to COVID-19 precautions may change in the actual application of procedures as further guidelines and recommendations are updated.